Monday, September 1, 2008

Finally...

Make sure to read Emilene's first post listed below...


Today marks the start of my Pronghorn Passage field work. I've been planning and researching this pronghorn migration with Emilene for almost one full year now and finally I am doing what I like doing, wildlife photography! I spent the past couple days in Laramie going over last minute details with Emilene as well as making field work plans with my photographic assistant, Jeff Jewell. Jeff will be helping me keep all 8 of my remote cameras running smoothly, as well as watching for migrating pronghorn and relaying information to Emilene.

I will spend the first part of the Fall in Grand Teton National Park and the Gros Ventre Mountains just to the east. Then later this Fall I will move down into the Upper Green River Basin as the majority of the pronghorn move south towards more favorable climates. I will be living full time in the corridor with exception to a few Pronghorn Passage related obligations. On September 20th, I am giving a Pronghorn Passage presentation at Duke University for the National Geographic Society, then a couple media related obligations later in the Fall. Other than that, it's full time photographing pronghorn until Santa arrives.


I look forward to telling you about some of my field experiences. Until then, enjoy these wonderful Fall days and thanks for reading.

No comments: