Friday, October 23, 2009

Prongie Flight

The fall migration has been moving for the past couple weeks. I've been on the ground and in the air, watching hundreds of animals move south. Last week I flew the corridor with LightHawk and Chris Boyer. Check out this short video I made from the flight.

I wouldn't have the opportunity to photograph the corridor without Chris Boyer and LightHawk, they donate their time and money to get me up in the air so I can photograph and show the general public what the pronghorn encounter during their migration.

Tomorrow Emilene and I are walking deep into the core of the corridor, in the mountainous section of the migration path, we'll probably spend a couple days with a spotting scope watching the antelope move south to their wintering grounds. Most of the leaves are on the ground and winter is coming, this is my favorite time of the year.

Thanks for reading,
Joe

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

My favorite time of year, too... keep posting, I'm loving it. And loving the giant beard ;) Enjoy your expedition this weekend, and bring back stories of our pronghorn friends.
-Alyssa

JoeRiis said...

Alyssa,
So good to hear from you, how is the Oxford life??? I am sure it's exciting and you're doing well. Emilene and I just got back from a long walk in the corridor, we saw some prongies moving!!! Also, I got a super plump black bear on one of my camera traps.

Looking forward to seeing you sometime soon, sorry I missed you this past summer in Laramie. I might be coming over to your side of the pond next year, on a couple different trips, hopefully we can find time to meet up and kick it. Later, Joe